Israeli murdered by Palestinian on Route 443 in the West Bank, hours after  another stabbing attack in Jeruslem

Magen David Adom ambulances arrive at the scene of a fatal stabbing attack on Route 443 outside of Jerusalem on November 23, 2015Magen David Adom ambulances arrive at the scene of a fatal stabbing attack on Route 443 outside of Jerusalem on November 23, 2015

A young Israeli man was killed by a Palestinian on Monday afternoon in a stabbing attack at a gas station on Route 443 in the West Bank, close to the central town of Modiin.

Two others were hurt in the attack. One of the wounded, an Israeli woman, was lightly hurt when her car was hit by gunfire from security forces. The other, an Israeli woman in her 20s, was lightly injured in the stabbing and evacuated to the Shaare Zedek Medical Center in Jerusalem for treatment.

Monday’s victim, who has not been named, is the twenty-second Israeli casualty since the wave of violence broke out in October.

The Palestinian assailant was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers in the area, according to Channel 2. He was named as Ahmad Taha of the West Bank village of Qatanna, near Jerusalem. Taha arrived at the gas station specifically to carry out an attack, according to the TV report.

Earlier Monday, a young Palestinian man armed with a knife was shot and killed as he approached IDF soldiers near a West Bank junction where an Arab woman attempted to stab Israelis on Sunday, the police said.

The Monday attacks came hours after two people were lightly injured during a stabbing attack near Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda market.

Two Arab female teens identified as attackers were shot after slashing at people near the busy outdoor market with scissors, according to police.

One victim was identified as a 70-year-old Palestinian resident of Bethlehem with stab wounds to his upper body.

A second person, a 27-year-old guard, was lightly hurt by shrapnel from gunfire against the attackers, police said.

They were taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Police identified the two attackers as 14 and 16 years old, from northern Jerusalem. The 16-year-old died at the scene and the 14-year-old was detained, a police spokesperson said. She was taken to an Israeli hospital in critical condition, according to news reports.

Attacks in the West Bank and elsewhere have persisted for over two months. On Sunday, an Israeli woman was stabbed to death at the Etzion Junction in the West Bank south of Jerusalem. Two earlier stabbing attacks in the West Bank on Sunday were foiled.

On Saturday night, four people were hurt in a stabbing attack in the southern Israeli city of Kiryat Gat. Two days earlier, three people, including an American national, a Palestinian and an Israeli man, were killed in a shooting and vehicular assault at the Etzion Junction, and two more were killed in a stabbing attack at an office building in Tel Aviv.